Is this position a part of a team or individual contributor? Part of a Team
How will this person interact with other members in the organization? Project meetings, design reviews, email / phone communications.
The Developer is responsible for leading the design, development, testing, debugging, maintenance and documentation of software components in accordance to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices. The Developer has overall responsibility in the technical design process, and leads and participates in the application technical design process and completes estimates and work plans for design, development, implementation, and rollout tasks. The Developer also communicates with the appropriate teams to ensure that assignments are delivered with the highest of quality and in accordance to standards. The Developer strives to continuously improve the software delivery processes and practice.
The BPM developer is responsible for translating business process models delivered in multiple formats (Swimlane, Value Chain, Event Driven Process Maps) into executable business processes. The developer will incorporate alerts and error handling into models and support the functional validation of the configured processes in an integrated environment. The BPM developer helps create technical data packages, including business process models, business rule diagrams, specifications, and other associated technical documentation as well as supporting the use of BPM tools for Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) activities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Build partnerships across the application, business and infrastructure teams.
- Develop programming specifications. Design, code and unit test application code using Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices.
- Complete estimates and work plans with the assistance of more senior team members as appropriate for design, development, implementation and rollout tasks.
- Create technical system documentation and ensure that this documentation remains current throughout all phases of the SDLC.
- Communicate with the appropriate teams to ensure that assignments are managed appropriately and completed assignments are of the highest quality.
- Support and maintain applications according to team standards
- May assist other personnel on assignments including mentoring or providing on-the-job training to more junior associates.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness -Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Job Specific Skills:
- Technical/Professional Knowledge, Compliance and Skills – Achieving a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position and/or related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise. Ensures store compliance with laws and regulation applicable to the company.
- Analytical – Gathers information needed for analysis; analyzes and defines functional requirements; prepares functional requirements documentation.
- Technical Support – Displays technical expertise and product knowledge; follows logical process for problem identification; asks questions to clarify and verify information; provides clear, understandable explanations.
- Technical Design – Demonstrates knowledge of design concepts; conducts thorough needs analysis; develops designs that meet requirements; addresses scalability and development issues.
- Planning and Organizing – Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful for deviations in quality.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 5 years of experience in systems analysis, design or programming and the associated development methodologies.
- Experience with BPM suites - IBM BPM (Lomabardi) and Software AG webMethods preferred. Understanding of multiple business process standards and methodologies such as Value-Chains, Event Driven Process Maps, BPMN 2.0 and XPDL.
- Participate in a 24x7 support rotation as necessary.
- Experience using an ESB for data sourcing and publishing.
- Knowledge of Web Services, SOAP, HTTP/HTTPS, Java/J2EE, XML/XSD’s, UML, JMS
- Experience with standard development methodologies (i.e Agile, Scrum, Spiral, Waterfall, RAD, etc), and object-oriented development.
- Experience with medium-scale system design and integration tasks, comprising design and implementation of major systems.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate information to customers and to all levels within the organization.
- Ability to interact well in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills - both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to travel independently (10%).
Desired Previous Job Experience
- IS related associate degree, bachelor’s degree, or comparable work experience in an Information Systems or related business position.
- Knowledge of WebSphere Message Broker.
- IBM BPM v7.x or v8.x experience using Integration and Process designers.
- webMethods 7.1.x (webMethods 8.x nice to have) experience, including development of executable business process models, data services for information exchanges, and business rules for execution.
- 3-5 years in Applications Developer role
Potential Career Path from this position:
- Senior Developer positions
- Release Engineer
- Quality Engineer
- Application Analyst
- Management positions throughout the enterprise