The Project Architect will be supporting the Digital Customer Project. The Project Architect will primarily focus on leading efforts on projects from the detailed technical design perspective. This will include leading, detailed technical discussions and working with member organizations as well as guiding the evaluation and selection of products and solutions. In this role the architect will work closely with the leadership and staff of the Enterprise Architecture Office, external consultants, the IT community, and the participating businesses to develop architecture solutions for projects. The Architect will document high-level cost estimates, benefits and risks, implementation sequencing, document the technical design efforts, and facilitate technical change management during implementation. The architect will manage technology selection process, which includes build versus buy decisions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work collaboratively with appropriate teams and business units to translate business requirements into conceptual and physical designs.
- Produce proper documentation for each solution including and not limited to the architectural infrastructure planning document (AIP) and the software architecture document (SAD).
- Identify key technology overlaps and gaps and formulate strategies to optimize technology spend.
- Ensure project complies with Enterprise Architecture policy and standards.
- Provide governance reporting and metrics for compliance tracking.
- Experience in eCommerce and Mobile spaces
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related equivalent work experience in an Information Systems position.
- 5 or more years of professional experience as a domain architect in one or more domains (application, data, or infrastructure architecture).
- 5 or more years’ experience in delivering large-scale technical solutions using a formal, structured, process – oriented systems development lifecycle and project management environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate information to business partners and to all levels within the organization.
Effective mentor and coach related to system component interdependence.
- Exposure to application and/or infrastructure technologies commonly leveraged to support large-scale, multi-platform enterprise environments and distributed systems across diverse domestic geographies.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective facilitator of technical decisions. Comfortable with working through ambiguous initiatives to develop effective solutions.
- Effective mentor and coach related to system component interdependence
- Effective time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Knowledge of multiple architecture styles and their implications
- Passing score on a selected entry test for new hires. (Test selected based on project requirements.)
Nice to Have:
- Working knowledge of UML, data modeling, and architecture repositories a plus.
- If experienced in an application domain then an architectural understanding of: standards-based SOA/Web services with regard to application interfaces, open messaging platforms /EAI/MQ, database platforms, web technologies such as HTML, .NET, Java/J2EE, XML, XSL, Web 2.0 and industry standards and trends
- If experienced in data domain, architectural understanding of data warehousing strategies and construction, ETL/Data integration processes, OLAP, OLTP, high availability database design, business intelligence applications, EDI and metadata standards, data modeling methodologies, and geographic/export control data management techniques
- If experienced in an infrastructure domain, architectural understanding of network topology, files systems, operating systems and hardware storage management, security practices, identity management, system recovery/backup tools and procedures, hardware virtualization, system monitoring and control processes and industry standards and trends.
- Understanding of Enterprise Architecture processes for technology portfolio management and project governance, including technology selections and peer review.